Fix Garage Door Safety Sensors Lakeland Highlands
Need to fix your garage door? The most common breakdown is not really a touch fix at all, but just the safety sensor preventing the garage door from closing on an object. The sensor has one photoelectric eye that sends an infrared beam and another that receives it. If an object breaks the beam, the closing door reverses direction. When a safety sensor fails, the remote won't work and the lights on the motor unit blink when you press the remote. To test the sensor, connect the photo eyes directly to the motor unit with short wires. Hold the eyes close together, facing each other. Looking for a garage door repair in Lakeland Highlands, then call the local Lakeland Highlands technician today! Our mission is to provide the best experience for each and every customer.
Video About Garage Door Repair Lakeland Highlands FL
Get Help Now In Lakeland Highlands
Electric garage door openers are a great innovation, but as is the case with every electric/electronic component, things can go bad and malfunction. The sensors that make garage doors safer must be located in the worst possible place, close to the floor. This means they're subjected to water, dirt and physical damage from careless drivers and children. Fixing them so they work properly can be an annoying task, but sometimes just a few quick things will have your garage doors opening and closing like new again.
- How to fix safety sensors on garage doors Lakeland Highlands:
- Remove the sensors from the brackets.
- Remove the wires from the wire nuts or cut the sensor wires 12" from the sensors.
- Strip both ends of wires from each sensor and twist like colored wires together. Proceed with both sensors to the garage door opener motor unit.
- Remove existing wires from the white and grey terminals on the back of the operator.
- Attach or insert white wires into the white terminal and black/white striped wires into the grey terminal.
- Point the sensors at each other - if both sensor LED's turn on, there is an issue with your wiring. Replace the wires between the opener and the sensors.
- If the LED’s DO NOT turn on, replace the sensors or call: 863-594-1416
The garage door safety sensors operate by shining an invisible beam of light across the floor to detect if an object is blocking the door. If the door safety beam is broken by a person, animal or other object the garage door opener assumes the door is blocked an will not close to prevent injury. Sensors can be knocked out of alignment which also prevent the door from closing. Obviously, I that’s not the problem here. A helpful how to for correcting misaligned garage door safety sensors.
People also found this webpage using these keyword terms:
how to fix my garage door sensors
how to fix garage door sensor alignment
how to fix a broken garage door
how to fix garage door opener problem
how to fix broken garage door springs
Other users have found these additional resources in Lakeland Highlands, FL helpful.