Fix Garage Door Safety Sensors Lakeland Highlands FL
The most typical malfunction is not actually a touch repair at all, however the safety and security sensing unit protecting against the garage door from shutting on an item. The sensing unit has one photoelectric eye that sends out an infrared light beam and also one more that obtains it. To check the sensing unit, hook up the image eyes straight to the electric motor with short cords. Looking for a garage door repair in Lakeland Highlands, then call the local Lakeland Highlands technician today! Our mission is to provide the best experience for each and every customer.
Video About Garage Door Repair Lakeland Highlands FL
Get Help Now In Lakeland Highlands
Electric garage area door openers are a wonderful technology, yet as is the situation with every electric/electronic element, factors could go bad as well as breakdown. Repairing them so they function effectively could be an aggravating job, yet in some cases merely a couple of fast points will certainly have your garage area doors opening up and also shutting like brand-new once more.
- Tips to fix garage door safety sensors Lakeland Highlands FL:
- Remove the sensors from the brackets.
- Remove the wires from the wire nuts or cut the sensor wires 12" from the sensors
- Strip both ends of wires from each sensor and twist like colored wires together. Proceed with both sensors to the garage door opener motor unit.
- Remove existing wires from the white and grey terminals on the back of the operator.
- Attach or insert white wires into the white terminal and black/white striped wires into the grey terminal.
- Point the sensors at each other - if both sensor LED's turn on, there is an issue with your wiring. Replace the wires between the opener and the sensors.
- If the LED’s DO NOT turn on, replace the sensors or call: 863-594-1416
The garage door safety sensors operate by shining an invisible beam of light across the floor to detect if an object is blocking the door. If the door safety beam is broken by a person, animal or other object the garage door opener assumes the door is blocked an will not close to prevent injury. Sensors can be knocked out of alignment which also prevent the door from closing. Obviously, I that’s not the problem here. A helpful how to for correcting misaligned garage door safety sensors.
People also found this webpage using these keyword terms:
how to fix my garage door sensors
how to fix garage door sensor alignment
how to fix a broken garage door
how to fix garage door opener problem
how to fix broken garage door springs
Other users have found these additional resources in Lakeland Highlands, FL helpful.